I'm reading the Bible...again

I can't tell you how many times I have attempted to read the entire Bible cover-to-cover. As a matter of fact, reading the entire Bible is on my bucket list.

As many times as I have tried to read the entire Bible, I have failed. I'm practically an expert on Genesis and Exodus, but I have yet to see Ezekiel or Daniel. Honestly, I should stop starting at the very beginning.

The thing is, I need structure. So, I've tried several different Bible reading plans to help me on the path. I have failed the One Year Bible, the 90 Day Bible and every other type of reading plan I've found.

B90Days - Trying Again

Now, I'm attempting the Bible in 90 Days again. I'm attempting it a different way this time. Instead of sitting down and attempting to read the Bible, I have my Bible on my phone and I'm listening to it! Hopefully, the audio will help me to get through the Bible in a decent amount of time.

I do want to be careful, however, that I don't accidentally tune out the audio and actually hear what I am listening to. The Bible is God's guidebook for our life. If I tune out His word, what's the point?!

A few observations about Genesis

I'm almost done with the book of Genesis at this point and I've got to say...this is one of my favorite books of the Bible. In this one book, we pretty much get the entire story of humanity - God creates man; Man defies God; God punishes Man; God forgives Man; Man continues to defy God and the cycle continues.

When will we just stop and realize that we are the creations of an amazing, Almighty God who loves us and wants nothing but the best for us? When will I stop living for me and start living my life the way God wants me to live it. After all, what is life but a gift from God?

I might not be able to answer these questions today, but I know that the questions exist. That's a step in the right direction, I suppose.

0 comments:

Post a Comment