You Are Holy

I heard this song by Michael W. Smith on my way to work today and it spoke to me. The main vocal on this song is Michael W. Smith, but while he's singing there is also a choir in the background (and sometimes in the foreground).

The point is that while he is singing the chorus of this song....
I will sing to
And worship
The King who is worthy
I will love and adore Him
And I will bow down before Him
And I will sing to and worship the King who is worthy
And I will love and adore him
And I will bow down before Him
You're my prince of peace
And I will live my life for You
There is a choir behind him singing different names of God.

You are Lord of Lords
You are King of Kings
You are mighty God
Lord of everything

You are Emmanuel
Lord of great I am
Noble Prince of peace
Who is the Lamb

You're the saving God
You're my saving grace
You will reign forever
You are ancient of days

You're alpha, omega, beginning and end
You're my savior, messiah, redeemer, and friend
Just seeing them all written out like that makes it even more powerful. Our God is so great and powerful and wonderful that one name doesn't quite cut it. Throughout the Bible, God is known by many different names, depending on how the person referring to Him sees Him at that very moment in time.

God is different things to different people. And He is so great and mighty that He can do that! It's amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment