I don't have time....

How many times in any given day do you think you utter those words? I know that I use the "I don't have time" excuse far too often considering the amount of time I spend playing video games, surfing the internet and otherwise wasting time.

A few of the things I've put off lately because "I don't have time" include:

  • Exercise
  • Writing blog posts that have deadlines approaching
  • Spending more time with my kids
  • Reading the Bible
  • Basically everything I don't "feel" like doing
It's really a vicious trap and a trick that I play on myself. My "busyness" is self-imposed and false. I have plenty of time, it's just a question of how I choose to spend that time.

In my effort to be more intentional in my faith, I have been forcing myself to make time. I have made sure to read the Bible or another faith-centered book every day. I have tried to keep myself away from "entertainment" that goes against the Word of God (this is hard given the choices on television today. I am working on making exercise a priority again (my body is a temple and really only on loan to me...it belongs to God and not taking care of it is not acceptable).

So, the next time you say, "I don't have time..." make sure you are aware of where you are spending your time that doesn't allow you any for God or your family. Are your priorities in order? I know mine aren't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment